Steaming carpets can help to make old dirty carpets look new again. The steam helps to get in and fight tough to remove stains that other cleaning methods such as vacuuming don't touch. Many people don't steam clean their carpets because they thing it is too difficult or it will be too expensive. Here are some easy instructions on how to steam clean your carpets yourself.
1. Rent a steam cleaner from your local hardware store. Consult with the rental shop and let the staff member know exactly what you want to do with the cleaner, so he or she can recommend the cleaner that will work best for you. You will want to make sure that the rental is able to suck up water, dirt so that will dry faster. Make sure that you also purchase the proper cleaning product that the cleaner needs to attack tough stains.
2. Move all the furniture out of the way. This will help so it doesn't obstruct you from getting into hard to reach areas with the steam cleaner. If it's possible completely remove the furniture from the room or prop it up on some crates to keep it out of the way.
3 - Remove the steam cleaner's water container and fill it with hot water. Then, add the cleaning solution inside the separate cleaning solution section of the container. Consult with the owner's manual to ensure that you are adding the correct amount of liquid the machine needs to function correctly.
The separated sections will be clearly indicated on the container with clear writing to ensure that you don't mix the two. Put the liquid container back into the steam cleaner before proceeding.
4. Make sure that you have an extension chord in place. That way, the machine can move freely around the entire room without have to stop.
5. Remove all footwear from your feet. This ensures that your shoes don't touch liquid from the steam cleaner and potentially leave a stain.
6. Turn on the steam cleaner and start the furthest away from the door and clean your way backwards towards the door. Allow the steam cleaner a couple of seconds to go over every sections of carpet and apply the cleaning solution. Take the time to go over areas of the carpet that have tough stains multiple times to ensure that the stains are removed.
7. Go over the carpets again with the vacuum portion of the steam cleaner to suck up all the excess liquids in the carpets. Then let the carpets dry before a full 24 hours to complete the job.
If the above steps don't get tough stains out of your carpets you may require a professional carpet cleaner like Southwest Chem-Dry to get them out with an industrial grade steam cleaner.Share